Pages

Thursday 28 March 2019

my learning story

                            
Title: science home chemistry
Name: brodie
Teachers: mr powers mr palmer miss birtch
Date: 11 march week 7
Year 8 Graduate Profile
VALUES


People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time

Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people

Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do

Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively

Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes

Commitment
Achievement
Resilience
Respect
Curriculum Skills
This term we were doing science.

My favorite experiment is the skittles colors merged with the water. My least favorite experiment is the filtration because I’ve already done this at my old school so it was just the same. Me and Josh, we were doing skittles and I listened to his ideas.

One of the science experiments that I did not like is scones. It felt like I was at home helping my mum with baking, it was boring but we made scones that had lemonade in it and no baking soda. But my group scones where go so we didn't get any but one of my friends at another table let my group have some of theirs.
-
-
-
Students Comment

Teachers Comment

I have enjoyed having you in science this term.

Next time it would be great if you could show commitment to posting your blogs on time.

Sincerely, Mr. Power
Whānau Comment



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.